Assumption and Sacred Heart's Confirmation for youth process follows the Seattle Archdiocese's policy. Since the Archdiocese is lowering the age for preparation to 7th grade by 2022-2023, it is allowing individual parishes to get to that age as it works best for the parish. This year all 8th - 12th graders are welcome to prepare for the sacrament.
Some Expectations for Candidates include:
- Weekly participation in the Sunday (Saturday evening) Mass;
- Attend Rite of Confirmation classes once per month;
- Attend Life Teen or Edge on non-class days;
- Demonstrate growth in each of the seven gifts of the Holy Spirit;
- Attend the Confirmation Retreat on Saturday, March 28, at Sacred Heart (time TBD);
- Choose and communicate with a Sponsor;
- Receive the sacrament of Reconciliation;
- Complete all forms/documents; and
- Participate in "Check-in" interview with the Confirmation team in April, 2020.
Schedule for 2019-2020:
The Information/Registration session will be held at 4:00 p.m. on Sunday, Sept. 15, in the gym.
Confirmation classes will be held in the gym from 4:00 - 6:00 p.m. on the following Sundays:
Oct. 6; Nov. 3; Dec. 15; Jan. 12; *Feb. 9; March 1; April 19; and May 31 (Mystagogy).
Note: The Feb. 9, 2020, class is for Candidates and Sponsors (or a Parent if Sponsor is unable to attend).
See the Life Teen schedule for the Sunday Life Teen meetings at Assumption.
See the Edge schedule for the Sunday Edge meetings at Assumption.
Day-long Saturday retreat:
March 28, (Time TBD), Sacred Heart Parish Hall
The Rite of Confirmation will be held on Saturday, May 16, 2020, at the 5:00 p.m. Mass at Assumption. The Rehearsal, mandatory for the Candidate, Sponsor, and a Parent, will be held Friday, May 15, at 6:30 p.m. in the Church.
If you have any questions about Confirmation for youth, please contact Gina DePalma in the Parish Office at (360) 733-1380 x4222 or firstname.lastname@example.org.